“Engaging the Youth for a Dynamic Radio Uniting Asia and the World”
May 9-12, 2022 in Sri Lanka
SIGNIS ASIA participants will have a meeting face to face (arrival: May 8 and departure: May 13). However, participants from other regions will participate in this program virtually (hybrid system).
The First International Radio Encounter aims to provide an international forum for radio experts and youth to exchange ideas, for professional development and develop best practices. SIGNIS World Radio Desk has identified the need to promote Radio and its different variants, such as mobile applications, as a tool for evangelization around the world, in particular, as an essential media for the poor and marginalized.
SIGNIS ASIA RADIO DESK TRAINING 2022
We held the valuable and very useful SIGNIS Asia Radio Desk Training on 1-7 August 2016 in Indonesia and 5-9 November 2018 in the Philippines. By the results and there are so many possibilities, opportunities and challenges we can undertake as a group. A vibrant spirit indeed. As we cannot handle all tasks for implementation, we look to many of our young participants to get themselves involved and make the forthcoming Radio Desk Assembly young and dynamic. Hence, we suggest this theme: “Engaging the Youth for a Dynamic Radio Uniting Asia and the World”.
Therefore, SIGNIS ASIA and the World Radio Desks agreed to hold the First International Radio Encounter with the theme: “Engaging the Youth for a Dynamic Radio Uniting Asia and the World” which will be held on May 9-12, 2022 in Sri Lanka. SIGNIS ASIA participants will have a meeting face to face, nevertheless participants from other regions will participate in this program via zoom or YouTube (hybrid system).
– To learn and exchange ideas with the world’s youth towards a successful promotion of Radio as a media for networking and evangelization in local and international forums.
– To train young people from across the world to produce podcasts and radio broadcasting.
– To build long-lasting partnerships between radio professionals and young radio producers thatutilize and promote this media to evangelize.
– To develop models for sustainable local networks that maintain high quality standards.
To provide an international forum for radio experts and youth to exchange ideas, for professional development and to develop best practices.
Training duration: 4 days
– Learning & exchanging ideas, 1-day session, group discussion
– Producing podcasts and radio broadcasting, 1 day production and presentation
– Building long-lasting partnerships, 1-day session, group discussion, networking
– Developing models for sustainability, 1-day for outing, action plan & conclusion
May 9-12, 2022 in Sri Lanka. SIGNIS ASIA participants will meet face-to-face (arrival: May 8 and departure: May 13), other regions virtually or hybrid system.
- All Catholic Radio broadcasters, PODCASTERS, and producers from all over the world.
- Also particularly invited are practicing and potential young broadcasters and podcasters from all 5 regions of SIGNIS (Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe, North America and the Pacific).
We will invite more participants from 5 regions, at least 20 from Asia (meeting face to face), and 80 from other regions via zoom or YouTube (virtually), totalling 100 young people.
For further information contact:
Chair, SIGNIS Asia Radio Desk