In the journey of searching for the “Asian Got Talent” …
SIGNIS ASIA Cinema Desk introduces the Short Film Competition for Up-and-Coming Film Directors of ASIA
View/Download PDF Flyer with SIGNIS ASIA Short Film Festival & Competition Details
View/Download SIGNIS ASIA Short Film Competition Entry Form
(Word Doc File may be customised by SIGNIS ASIA Country Presidents for their members)
ENTRY FOR THE COMPETITION SHOULD BE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Only member countries of SIGNIS ASIA are eligible for the competition.
- Only fifteen Short Films certified by the SIGNIS ASIA Country President from a country are eligible.
- No applicant could be a film director by profession.
- Films submitted for any SIGNIS Short Film Festivals before, will not be accepted.
- Non-Exclusive Copyright of the film could be given to the SIGNIS ASIA Cinema Desk for the trailers and for the screening for the public audience.
- Fifteen films certified by the Country President would be selected from each country.
- The short film has to be your own production authorised by the SIGNIS ASIA Country President.
- Duration of the Film: 02 – 30 minutes
- Video Pixels – 16:9 or 4:3
- It could be in data and DVD/mp4 format uploaded in the “Google Drive” and the link could be provided OR sent via “WE TRANSFER” to make sure that the quality has not dropped, on or before 30th November 2021.
- It could be with or without soundtrack.
- Your film could be in any language with subtitles in English.
- Your film should be a production of the period January 2019 to 2021.
- All the entries of the respective country should be monitored by the SIGNIS ASIA Country President.
- Out of the total films received at the SIGNIS ASIA Cinema Desk, fifteen films will be selected by the international Jury for final screening and voting on YouTube for the SIGNIS ASIA Short Film Festival.
- At the festival, the best film will be presented with an award, four runner-ups with trophies.
- All submissions must be made digitally.
- If more than one short film is to be made, it must be submitted separately.
- Every applicant is responsible for the content and copyright of his / her work and organisers are not responsible for any third party issues.
- The jury’s decision on the evaluations is final.
LIABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- The producer of the film shall be solely responsible for the copyright. When a director or any other person submits a film for the SIGNIS ASIA Short Film Festival & Competition 2021-2022, a letter with the producer’s full approval must be submitted online.
- The producer is obliged to provide the promotional tools required for the promotion and when selected for the film screenings presented for SIGNIS ASIA Short Film Festival.
- The applicant must confirm all rights to the film’s images and sound and submit the original copy of the film selected for the SIGNIS ASIA Short Film Festival & Competition 2021-2022, to SIGNIS ASIA Cinema Desk one week prior to its screening.
- If the information provided is incorrect or erroneous, the decision of the organizer is final.
SIGNIS ASIA Country Presidents call for fresh entries before 30th November 2021
Select fifteen films by each SIGNIS ASIA Country President and Submission to the Short Film Festival (SFF) Office in Sri Lanka by 20th December 2021
Evaluation and selection of the best fifteen films of total received at the SFF office by a five member international jury
Uploading the fifteen films on YouTube, screening in Sri Lanka and awarding the best five short films with one award and four trophies
SIGNIS ASIA CINEMA DESK
T. Mac Machida (Chair), Fr. Lal Pushpadewa, Fr. Jojo Buenafe, Ms. Pie Mabanta-Fenomeno, Ms. Michelle Yoon (SFF team)
SIGNIS Sri Lanka
Rev Fr Lal Pushpadheva, President, SIGNIS Sri Lanka
Tel: +94 71 806 9085
WhatsApp: +94 77 246 6160